Want to withdraw your crypto such as Bitcoin, Ethereum or Dogecoin from Coinbase? In this guide, I explain how to withdraw from Coinbase to a wallet such as Coinbase Wallet, Ledger hardware wallet or Trezor.
So, let’s dive into this Coinbase guide, to help you work out how to withdraw from Coinbase to your wallet.
How to Withdraw from Coinbase to a Wallet?
The process of sending crypto like Bitcoin or Ethereum to another wallet is fairly easy on Coinbase. This step-by-step guide will break down the process for you, to send crypto from Coinbase to an external crypto address.
- Go to the Coinbase “Portfolio” tab on the left-hand side of the screen
- Click the “Send/Receive” button located in the top right-hand corner of your page.
- Then click “Pay with” and select the digital assets you would like to send. This will then pre-populate.
- In the “To” field enter the Wallet Address if you’re sending to a cryptocurrency wallet or Email Address if you’re sending via email.
The majority of users will enter a crypto wallet address. Please make sure you are sending the right crypto to the right wallet. For example, if you are sending Bitcoin, this needs to be sent to a Bitcoin wallet address. If you send your crypto to the wrong address you do risk losing your funds.
- Enter the amount you would like to send in your local currency as shown in the $ field above. Alternatively, you can specify the amount in the crypto you will be sending. To change between crypto and local currency click the double arrows.
- Adding a note is optional if you would like, then click “Continue“
- Next, you will see a confirmation screen and the cost of sending the transaction. Please double-check the address before selecting the ‘Send Now‘ button.
As I said the process is pretty simple, but if you’re unsure consider sending a small amount on a test transaction. This will cost more in-network fees, but it might give you peace of mind.
What is Coinbase?
Coinbase is a cryptocurrency exchange founded in 2012 in the US. The exchange is very popular for users just starting out in the crypto, with its very simple and easy-to-use interface. That being said, it has been blasted by many traders for having high trading fees. However, these can be offset by using the Coinbase Pro platform instead of the Coinbase itself.
Coinbase also offers new users a $10 Bitcoin sign-up bonus when they buy or sell $100. Click here to sign-up to Coinbase.
Here are some of our articles you may also find helpful;
- How to Delete a Coinbase Account?
- Coinbase Earn Quiz Answers
- How to Download Coinbase Transaction History?
- How to Withdraw from Crypto.com?
“Cryptocurrency is not regulated by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and is not subject to protection under the UK Financial Services Compensation Scheme or within the scope of jurisdiction of the UK Financial Ombudsman Service. Investing in cryptocurrency comes with risk and cryptocurrency may gain in value, or lose some or all value. Capital gains tax may be applicable to profits from cryptocurrency sales.”