Looking to delete your Binance account permanently? This guide will explain how to delete your Binance account permanently and remove all your personal information. We will also show you how to temporarily disable a Binance account if you don’t want to go down this route. This way, you can always reactivate your account again in the future.
So, let’s dive into this Binance guide to help you delete or disable your Binance account.
How to Delete a Binance Account
Are you considering stepping back from cryptocurrency trading and wondering how to delete your Binance account? Look no further; this beginner’s guide will walk you through the entire process of closing and deleting your Binance account, ensuring a seamless and secure experience.
In this step-by-step tutorial, we’ll cover everything from understanding the reasons behind deleting or disabling a Binance account to the possible implications you may face.
So, if you’re ready to learn how to delete Binance and safeguard your digital assets, let’s dive right in!
Please note: Deleting your Binance account is permanent and irreversible, so make sure you want to do this before proceeding. If you are unsure if you want to do this, you can always contact Binance support for more information.
Before closing and deleting your Binance account, you must ensure all funds have been withdrawn. We have a full tutorial if you’re unsure how to withdraw from Binance. It can be difficult to have exactly a zero balance; we believe your account should be less than or equivalent to 0.001 BTC before you can delete your Binance account.
Total Time: 10 minutes
1. Log into your Binance Account
– To delete a Binance account, start by going to Binance.com, or if you’re in the US, you will use Binance.us.
2. Go to Binance Profile
– Select “Account” or the Profile Icon on the top navigation bar.
3. Select Binance Security
– Under the “Account” or “Profile Icon” (as per the image below), navigate down and click “Security”.
4. Go to Binance Disable Account
– On the Security page, you will see a checklist to increase Binance security. Scroll to the bottom of the page to “Account Activity“.
– Under Account Activity, besides “Suspicious Account Activity?“. Select “Disable Account.”
5. Choose Disable or Delete Binance Account
– You will have two options: “Disable this Account” or “Delete this Account.” If you’re happy to Delete your Binance Account, select “Delete this Account.“
– For some users, the second option to “Delete this Account” won’t be available, and you can only “Disable this Account“. Please see the screenshots below from Chat Support.
6. Submit Delete Binance Application Form
– To delete and close your Binance account, you must fill in a “Delete Account Application” form. Provide either your “Email Address” or “Mobile number” associated with your account.
7. Enter your email address (or phone number) & click “Confirm to Delete.”
– Please read the instructions on the screen before deactivating your Binance account, as this process is irreversible.
– Once you are happy, select “Confirm to Delete”.
– Binance will then audit your deletion request and, in some cases, request that you submit further documentation.
How to Delete a Binance Account on a Mobile Device?
If you use the Binance Exchange app on your mobile, you can delete your Binance account on either Android or iOS devices.
- Log into your Binance App on your Mobile Device
- Go to the “Profile Icon” on the top left of the Binance App
- Scroll Down and select the “Security” tab
- Select “Manage Account“
- Select “Delete Account” to Close your Binance Account
- If you would prefer not to Delete your Binance Account, you can choose “Disable Account” instead.
- Choose your reason for Deleting your Binance Account
- No longer want to use this account
- Update referral code
- Merge multiple account
- If you can not delete your Binance account, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Disable your Binance Account?
Instead of permanently deleting your account, you can temporarily disable your Binance account. If you change your mind, you can reactivate it after 2 hours. This could be the better option in the short term. If you feel like you want to commit and delete your account later, you can follow the steps above.
When disabling your Binance account, you will be unable to do the following;
- Trade within your account
- Login – your account will be disabled
- Use API keys – these will be deleted
- Use any other device associated with your account – all devices will be deleted.
- Have any open orders or pending withdrawals – these will be cancelled
If you change your mind and want to reactivate your account, this can be done, but you will have to wait for at least two hours before you can reactivate your account.
Why Can’t I Delete my Binance Account?
While creating this guide on how to delete a Binance account, I had some issues. I personally was unable to delete my Binance account permanently and was only given the option to disable my account.
I’m not sure if this is down to using Binance UK, and it’s required to stay open for regulations. However, when I contacted support via chat, they advised me that the option to delete Binance was no longer available.
“As per our terms and conditions, we are not able to provide deletion of the account. You can disable it using the link provided below. The reason for this is for your and our safety. We had this solution in the past, but it looks like it is good for both parties to just disable the account. Once you disabled Binance, no one will be able to use your documents, email address, or phone number.“
I don’t know the full reasoning behind this, and hopefully, it will be addressed as they are receiving some pressure from the FCA. Although I like Binance exchange and personally use it to buy crypto, I find this a little concerning. I believe customers do have the right to delete and remove their personal information.
Should I Delete my Binance Account?
There have been some negative articles in the UK regarding banks such as Barclays and Santander banning deposits and withdrawals from Binance. This has scared a few of their customers, making them want to close their accounts completely. It’s too early to say if this is the beginning of a trend, but regulation is coming, whether we like it or not, and they will be coming for the biggest exchanges. So, I will show you how to close or disable a Binance account.
Obviously, deleting and removing your Binance account is permanent and irreversible. As mentioned above, you can always disable your account instead of going through and deleting it. At the end of the day, it’s down to the individual, and there are plenty of platforms looking for your business, but it’s always worth having a backup exchange.
I’m concerned that some users cannot delete their accounts and personal information. Hopefully, Binance will address this and provide customers with further information on why they have chosen to remove this feature.
Also, if you have any questions, you can put them in the comments below.
What Happens When I Disable my Binance Account?
Once your Binance account is disabled, you cannot begin the reactivation process until at least two hours have passed. After two hours, you can reactivate your account and start trading crypto again.
How do I contact Binance Support?
Best Binance Referral Code Offer?
Please be aware of scams offering high-commission kickbacks. These referral offers are sometimes fake. You can check this, as the commission amount will appear once you enter the code at sign-up.
How Can I Change My Mobile Number?
Changing a mobile or cellphone number on Binance is pretty simple, but they hide this feature. So, we have put together a simple guide on changing your number on the Binance exchange.
Here are some of our articles you may also find helpful;