In this Crypto.com card review for 2023, we look at the world’s most popular crypto card program, offering crypto rewards to 40 countries. We analyse the different debit card tiers and the rewards and perks you’ll receive.
So, let’s dive into this Crypto.com Card Review to help you determine which Crypto.com Visa card is right for you.
Crypto.com Card Review: Crypto.com Card Features
What is the Crypto.com Visa Debit Card?
Crypto.com initially launched its Crypto.com Visa Card in 2018 and has since grown to be the world’s most popular visa card program. Offering crypto rewards, including rebates on subscriptions such as Spotify or Netflix and free airport lounges. Plus, you can also get up to 5% cashback rewards (previously 8% before the revision in June 2022) on your spending, which is paid out in their own CRO token.
The Crypto.com Visa Debit Card is a prepaid card which allows users to top up or load a variety of fiat currencies or cryptocurrencies to spend with. There are no annual fees, and the card can be used worldwide, wherever you see the Visa symbol.
Are you looking for a crypto debit card? Why not check out our best crypto debit cards and compare them to Crypto.com?
Crypto.com Card Rewards Update June 2022
On 1 May 2022, Crypto.com announced some changes to the Crypto.com Visa Card reward structure. Stating that “to ensure long-term sustainability, they are introducing several changes to the CRO Card rewards programme, effective 1 June 2022”.
This included a reduction of CRO card cashback rewards, introduction of monthly CRO card rewards caps, revisions to CRO staking rewards, and changes to card re-issuance.
The community responded unfavourably to these changes, and Crypto.com reacted by taking some of these comments on board. As a result, their CEO took to Twitter to announce that they would be revising the card staking rewards on 3 May.
Then two days later, he announced they would also be revising and increasing their cashback rewards. It didn’t return to its former rewards; crypto.com have stated they are “trying to offer a more balanced approach.”
Crypto.com Card Tiers: Which Crypto.com Card is Best for you?
There are 5 Crypto.com card tiers that users can choose from, depending on the level of CRO you can or are willing to stake. Depending on your staked amount, you can receive between 0% and 5% cash back on purchases paid in CRO. Get access to incentives (or perks), such as free airport lounge access or Netflix, Spotify or Amazon Prime subscriptions. You can get up to $1,000 in free ATM withdrawals monthly.
We started with the Crypto.com Ruby Steel steel card. However, we upgraded this to get better rewards and cashback in November 2021. We did this as the price of CRO had increased dramatically.
When we originally got my Ruby Steel card and staked our CRO, the token price was under 6 cents. With the price rising to 80 cents more than that value, we were (lucky) enough to upgrade to the Frosted Rose Gold/Icy White. This meant we started receiving 5% cash back on our purchases (now reduced to 3%), Spotify, Netflix, Amazon Prime and 10% off Expedia.
The below explains all the different Crypto.com card tier levels in further detail.
Midnight Blue Card
- How much do I need to Stake for a Crypto.com Midnight Blue Card?
- To be eligible for the Midnight Blue Card, you do not need to stake any Crypto.com CRO tokens.
- What are the Midnight Blue Card Rewards?
- With the Midnight Blue card, you won’t get access to any cashback or Crypto.com perks.
- What are the Crypto.com Midnight Blue Card Fees & Limits?
- Midnight Blue cardholders receive $200 worth of free withdrawals per month.
Ruby Steel Card
- How much do I need to Stake for a Crypto.com Ruby Steel Card?
- To be eligible for the Ruby Steel Card, you must stake the equivalent of $400, €350 or £300 worth of Crypto.com CRO tokens. If you need to purchase CRO tokens, you can get them over on the Crypto.com Exchange.
- What are the Ruby Steel Card Rewards?
- With the Ruby Steel card, you’ll get 1% cashback and access to one of the Crypto.com perks, a Spotify subscription rebate.
- What are the Crypto.com Ruby Steel Card Fees & Limits?
- Ruby Steel cardholders receive $400 worth of free withdrawals per month.
Royal Indigo & Jade Green Card
- How much do I need to Stake for a Crypto.com Royal Indigo/Jade Green Card?
- To be eligible for the Royal Indigo or Jade Green Card, you must stake the equivalent of $4,000, €3,500 or £3,000 worth of Crypto.com CRO tokens.
- What are the Royal Indigo/Jade Green Rewards?
- With the Royal Indigo/Jade Green card, you’ll get 2% cashback and access to a few Crypto.com perks, including; Spotify and Netflix subscription rebates, plus Airport Lounge Access.
- What are the Crypto.com Royal Indigo/Jade Green Fees & Limits:
- Royal Indigo/Jade Green cardholders receive $800 worth of free withdrawals per month.
Frosted Rose Gold & Icy White Card
- How much do I need to Stake for a Frosted Rose Gold/Icy White Card?
- To be eligible for the Frosted Rose Gold or Icy White Card, you must stake the equivalent of $40,000, €35,000 or £30,000 worth of Crypto.com CRO tokens.
- What are the Frosted Rose Gold/Icy White Rewards?
- With the Frosted Rose Gold/Icy White card, you’ll get 3% cashback and access to almost all Crypto.com perks, including; Spotify, Netflix, Amazon Prime rebates, discounts from Expedia, Airport Lounge Access, Crypto.com Private, you’ll Earn Bonus Interest and get an Exclusive Merchandise Welcome Pack.
- What are the Crypto.com Frosted Rose Gold/Icy White Fees & Limits?
- Frosted Rose Gold/Icy White cardholders receive $1,000 worth of free withdrawals per month.
- How much do I need to Stake for an Obsidian Card?
- To be eligible for the Obsidian card, you must stake the equivalent of $400,000, €350,000 or £300,000 worth of Crypto.com CRO tokens.
- What are the Obsidian Rewards?
- With the Obsidian card, you’ll get 5% cashback and access to all the Crypto.com perks, including; Spotify, Netflix, Amazon Prime rebate subscriptions, discounts from Expedia and Airbnb, Airport Lounge Access, Crypto.com Private, you’ll Earn Bonus Interest, get an Exclusive Merchandise Welcome Pack and Private Jet Partnership.
- What are the Crypto.com Obsidian & Limits?
- Obsidian cardholders receive $1,000 worth of free withdrawals per month.
How to Sign-up to Crypto.com & Get a $25 Bonus
To sign-up to Crypto.com, you will need to follow the below step-by-step guide;
- Sign-up using this Crypto.com referral link or use bonus code xw37vqrgu6
- Enter your details, agree to their T&Cs and download the Crypto.com App
- Confirm the confirmation email within 72 hours to activate the referral bonus
- To complete KYC, you will need to submit your phone number and identification
- Buy & stake CRO & reserve the metal CRO Crypto Visa, Card
If you didn’t enter a referral code during sign-up, this could be added up to 5 days after the confirmation email. Simply go to the App Settings > Referral Code and enter code xw37vqrgu6
How to Claim your Free Crypto.com Card Rewards?
Depending on the Crypto.com Card you choose, you will receive benefits such as Spotify, Netflix and Amazon Prime. To claim your Crypto.com rewards, you must pay for these services with your Crypto.com Visa card, and you will automatically reimburse each month.
- Spotify: $13.99 USD equivalent (maximum one reimbursement per merchant per month)
- Netflix: $13.99 USD equivalent (maximum one reimbursement per merchant per month)
- Amazon Prime: $14.99 USD equivalent (maximum one reimbursement per merchant per month)
How to Upgrade or Downgrade the Crypto Card?
If you’d like to upgrade your Crypto.com card to a higher tier level, simply open the Crypto.com App, locate your CRO wallet and tap “Upgrade“, following the steps on the screen.
Upgrading your card used to come with a $50 re-issuance fee. However, this was recently dropped after the card revisions were made on 1st June 2022.
If you want to downgrade your card, you simply withdraw your Stake (after your initial six-month lock-in period). When the Stake is removed, your rewards will be reduced, although you will get to hold onto the physical card until it expires.
Can I request additional Crypto.com cardholders?
Crypto.com does not allow any additional cardholders; one card will be issued. Unfortunately, you cant request any additional Crypto.com Visa cards.
However, you can take one guest into the airport lounge with your Crypto.com card.
What countries is the Crypto.com card available in?
The Crypto.com card is available in 49 states in the United States of America & US Territories, Canada, Brazil, Singapore, the UK and Australia.
In Europe, the Crypto.com card is available in;
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK.
Here are some of our articles you may also find helpful;