Getting an error on PancakeSwap when submitting a transaction? This guide will explain everything you need to know on how to Fix “Insufficient Output Amount” on PancakeSwap.
If you have used PancakeSwap, it’s likely you have received the error “The transaction cannot succeed due to an error; “PancakeRouter: INSUFFICIENT_OUTPUT_AMOUNT.” This is a common issue when using PancakeSwap, but what happens if you encounter this error when swapping tokens?
Let’s dive into this PancakeSwap tutorial and find out how to fix “Insufficient Output Amount” on PancakeSwap.
How to Fix Insufficient Output Amount on PancakeSwap?
If you have noticed the error “Insufficient Output Amount” when making a swap on PancakeSwap. The likely cause of this error is down to the low slippage tolerance. The solution to fixing this PancakeSwap error is simple. You will need to increase the slippage tolerance from PancakeSwap’s default slippage tolerance of 0.5 per cent, which is low.
- Open PancakeSwap.Finance on either mobile or desktop
From the homepage, click on “Settings”.
- In the settings menu, there is a slippage tolerance where you can choose your percentages.
- Manually change the slippage tolerance from the settings, enter the desired slippage, and click “Swap Tokens“.
- When you swap your tokens, you’ll see a message that says, “your transaction may be front-run.”
- You will need to ignore the error and continue for the transaction to proceed. The transaction will now go through.
What is Slippage Tolerance?
Slippage Tolerance refers to the price difference between the expected and executed swapping. It works as a boundary for the minimum and maximum tokens you can expect for a trade regardless of price change. Slippage is common on DEX exchanges like PancakeSwap, UniSwap or 1INCH due to the high volatility of cryptocurrency.
If the slippage tolerance is set to low, the transaction may fail, especially if there isn’t enough liquidity in the market.
PancakeSwap Slippage Tolerance
It’s important not to increase your PancakeSwap slippage tolerance too high, as your transaction may be front-run, and you won’t obtain a fair price.
how do you obtain a fair slippage tolerance?
This is difficult to say, as it depends on how much liquidity there is in the market and how volatile the market it is. PancakeSwap fees are low, so you can start adjusting the slippage amount in small increments at a time until the transaction goes through.
Just be cautious about doing this on Ethereum, as GAS fees are high.
What if the PancakeSwap Error Persists?
If you have tried to resolve the Pancakeswap error “Insufficient Output Amount”, there are a variety of other solutions you can try;
- Try using other browsers with MetaMask extension capability, such as Firefox.
- Make sure the time and date settings on your device are correct. Few users reported that this resolved their problem.
- By pressing shift and F5 at the same time, you can ensure that the most recent web page content is loaded.
- Clear the cache in your browser’s settings.
- Try other DEX websites, like UniSwap, and BakerySwap. Also, check to see if the token is available on exchanges like Binance, Coinbase or FTX.
What is PancakeSwap?
Pancakeswap is a decentralized exchange, also known as a DEX and built on the Binance Smart Chain, offering users fast transactions with low fees. PancakeSwap is a fork of the popular DEX UniSwap, which is built on Ethereum.
To use PancakeSwap, you will need to connect a supported wallet, including; MetaMask, Trust wallet and Binance Chain Wallet.
The PancakSwap “insufficient output amount” error occurs when traders are hesitant to swap tokens at a loss. If you choose a high slippage tolerance, you must accept a larger price differences on swapping. Before establishing a slippage tolerance, consider a variety of other factors such as price volatility and the state of liquidity pools.
Also, please make sure you do your own research when purchasing any cryptocurrency.